What Is a Commercial-Use Keurig and How Is It Different Than a Keurig for Home?
Keurig machines are known to be coffee brewers for home use. But did you know there are Keurig coffee makers that have been designed for commercial use?
There are a few types of Commercial use Keurigs, some are designed for office use, service industry, hospitality, and few are even good for the heavy home usage where a household brews over 10 or 20 cups per day. So, it doesn’t really matter where you use your commercial Keurig.
What Makes a Commercial Use Keurig Coffee Maker Special?
- Powerful and quick. You can brew many cups of coffee faster and back to back.
- Extra Large water reservoir or direct line water plumping.
- Some models have automatic K-Cup ejection.
- Easy to use touchscreen displays.
Best Rated Keurig Commercial and Office Brewing Systems:
Keurig K155 Commercial Brewing System:
- Fully programmable Keurig brewer best suited for medium use.
- Programmability includes clock, auto on/off, multi-language and more.
- Interactive touchscreen display.
- NSF-Certified. Can be used in the food service industry.
- Adjustable brewing temperature.
- Quiet Brew technology.
- Direct water line plumping available, can can be purchased separately.
- Extra large 90 oz water reservoir.
Keurig K3000SE Commercial Coffee Brewer:
- Fully featured Keurig brewer for Large use. Best suited for large businesses.
- Features direct water line plumping. No water reservoir.
- Back to back brewing in under a minute.
- Choose from 4 cup sizes: 4, 6, 8, and 10 oz.
- Automatic K-Cup pod ejection with built-in disposal bin.
- Hot water on demand option with separate spout.
- Fully programmable including adjustable water temperature.
- LCD display with buttons control panel.
Keurig K145 OfficePRO Commercial Brewer:
- A small commercial brewer perfect for a small office use or small volume usage.
- Brews fast in under a minute.
- 48 oz water reservoir. No direct water line.
- No programmability. Simply select your options from control panel.
- Auto off function automatically turns brewer off after two hours of non use.
- Choose from 3 cup sizes: 6 oz , 8 oz and 10 oz.
- Not NSF certified, Cannot be used in the food service industry.
Keurig Commercial vs. Home: Should You Buy a Commercial Use Keurig Instead of a Home Use One?
If you’re a home user, buying a commercial-grade Keurig makes sense if you have a large household and need the extra large water reservoir or direct water line plumping.
Keurig sells Commercial use brewers for just that intent, which means, Keurig might not honor their warranty if a home use used a commercial brewer. So, it is highly recommended that:
- If you plan on using a Keurig for service in an office or business, get a commercial use that is designed to withhold the demands of high usage. That would be any Keurig brewer labelled Commercial (which we listed above).
- If you’re using a Keurig at home, then it is recommended that you get a home-use brewer so you don’t end up breaking your warranty. There are large capacity home brewers like the Keurig 2.0 K575.
Another important thing to keep in mind is, most commercial grade Keurigs are not compatible with refillable K-Cup filters, which is something the home user loves to use.
Review of Keurig K155 Commercial Brewer:
Review of Keurig K145 OfficePRO: