Table of Contents
- Features of Keurig K-Slim Brewer
- Keurig K-Slim vs. K-Mini, How Do They Compare?
- Should You Buy Keurig K-Slim?
- General Questions And Answers
Compact single-serve brewers from Keurig aren’t something new. They have multiples of them in their line of products, including the famous K-Mini and K-Mini Plus. But they all have one thing in common: they don’t have a water reservoir. Instead, you add fresh water each time you brew a cup.
This is where the K-Slim shines as a compact brewer. It’s small in size AND it has an actual removable reservoir that holds enough water for a few uses.
Features of Keurig K-Slim Brewer
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5” wide, fits neatly on your countertop.
- MULTIPLE CUP WATER RESERVOIR: Removable 46 ounce reservoir lets you brew up to 4 cups before refilling. 8oz cup size
- 3 CUP SIZES: brew an 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup at the push of a button.
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Delicious coffee made in minutes.
- TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7. 0” tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup.
- Compact brewer, less than 5” wide.
- Removable 46 oz water reservoir.
- 3 Serving sizes: 8, 10 and 12 oz.
- Can accommodate travel mugs up to 7” tall.
- Compatible with reusable filter pods.
- Dimensions: 12.14” H x 4.76” W x 15.2” D
Is Keurig K-Slim Right For You?
This model is best for:
- Anyone who’s tight on space. Can’t spare to have a large brewer on their countertop.
- Dorm rooms.
- Personal office use.
It would NOT make the best choice for a large family or general office use where you’ll mostly be brewing a lot of cups.
Keurig K-Slim vs. K-Mini, How Do They Compare?
As already mentioned, the K-Mini is another compact brewer also by Keurig. It is the most comparable to the K-Slim as they have similar designs.
However, there are some difference:
Let’s start with the sizes of both brewers, since being compact is their selling point…
The K-Slim measures at 12.14” H x 4.76” W x 15.2” D
The K-Mini measures 12.1” H x 4.5” W x 11.3” D
So when it comes to height and width, they’re nearly the same. The K-Slim has more depth to it, and that would be because of the water reservoir which sits at the back of the machine.
K-Slim has three serving sizes: 8, 10 and 12 oz.
K-Mini has four serving sizes: 6, 8, 10 and 12 oz.
K-Slim is only available in black.
K-Mini available in multiple colors.
Should You Buy Keurig K-Slim?
Depends on how much you care for having a water reservoir. If the reservoir isn’t important enough for you, then the K-Mini or K-Mini plus would make a better choice for the additional serving size, color options and less depth.
General Questions And Answers
Does the K-Slim Need a Filter?
The K-Slim is compatible with Keurig’s water filter starter kit, however, it is sold separately. Do you need a water filter, though? Using filtered water for your coffee is, without a doubt, better for the quality of your coffee. The quality of tap water is different from one area to another, so if you’re not sure about using tap water, you can either buy the filter kit or use filtered/bottled water instead.
Can I Use A Refillable Filter Pod with K-Slim?
Yes, it’s compatible with refillable pods.
Is K-Slim Available in Colors?
No, it’s only available in black.
Can I Make Hot Chocolate or Tea?
Like any K-Cup brewer, you can brew anything that comes in the a K-cup pod. That means coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hot apple cider and more.