Okay, it is quite obvious that you mean business and you want the largest cup you can possibly get from a Keurig. No, problem…
Keurig’s Serving Sizes
For a long time, the largest brewing size a Keurig could produce was only 10 oz. But the great thing about Keurig is that they listen to their customers. So they introduced a number of brewers that can brew up to 12 oz of coffee, which is perfect for either a large mug or a travel mug.
Is There a 16 or 20 oz Keurig Coffee Maker?
Many people are searching for a Keurig brewer than can brew a generous 20-oz single-serve cup (or travel mug). Unfortunately, there isn’t a brewer, either from Keurig or other brands, that can brew a 20oz cup. I’d imagine that a 20 oz brew requires more ground coffee, which would mean, theoretically, a larger pod. Using the same pod that brews 12 oz to brew 20 oz would mean weaker coffee.
What can you do if you need to brew 20 oz cup? The only way to do this is to brew two pods in 10 oz servings. Instead, use a machine like the K-Duo and brew a full pot instead of using a pod.
How Many Ounces Is The Largest Cup Size on a Keurig?
In all Keurig brewers, the largest single-serve cup size is 12 oz, and it’s a serving size available in many of Keurig models..
Keurig K-Duo – Dual Keurig Brewer with 12 oz Serving Size or 60 oz Carafe size
If you want a Keurig that does it all, we can right away recommend you look into a Keurig Duo Brewer. And here’s why:
K-Duo and K-Duo Plus machines are two versatile coffee makers from Keurig that allow you to brew a single cup or a full carafe. When brewing a single cup, you can use your favorite K-Cup pod or a refillable pod. For carafe brewing, use your favorite coffee ground.
For single-serve brewing:
- Choose from 4 cup serving sizes – 6, 8, 10 and 12 oz.
- Select the Strong Brew button if you want to your coffee to steep longer.
For Carafe brewing:
- You can brew 6, 8, 10 or 12 cups.
- You can use the programmable clock for setting up brewing up to 24hrs in advance.
- Pause and Pour allows you to pause the brew cycle to pour a cup, then resume brewing.
The machine has a 60 oz water reservoir that is shared between both single-serve and carafe sides.
Classic Keurig Coffee Makers with 12 oz Cup Size
If you prefer a classic Keurig, here are the two models that make the largest cup, which is 12 oz:
Keurig K-Select has four cup sizes with 12 oz being the largest.
And K-Elite comes with five cup sizes including 12 oz.
The great thing about K-Select and K-Elite is that they’re classic Keurig brewers, which means they use old-school K-Cup pods and refillable pods. On the down side (not necessarily though), you can’t brew a full carafe… it shouldn’t be a big deal though if it’s not something you need.
Keurig Cup Size Strength
Here’s one thing you need to keep in mind about coffee strength and cup sizes. In many Keurigs, simply means adding more water to the same amount of coffee grounds in the K-Cup, so in some cases, expect your coffee to taste weaker.
To fix this, you want to do two things:
- Use the Strong Brew button when brewing larger cup sizes. This steeps your coffee longer and results in a stronger brew.
- Buy darker coffee roasts if you want your coffee to taste stronger. Choose anything that has French Roast, Dark Roast, Espresso roast on the label. These type of roasts are not affected easily when using larger brew sizes.