Table of Contents
- Why Buy a Coffee Maker with Hot Water Dispenser?
- What To Consider When Buying a Coffee Maker with Hot Water Dispenser?
- Best Drip Coffee Makers with Hot Water Dispenser
- Best Single-Serve Coffee Makers with Hot Water Dispenser
Why Buy a Coffee Maker with Hot Water Dispenser?
One of the great benefits of having a coffee maker with a built-in hot water dispenser is having hot water available on demand. No need to wait for the kettle to boil.
You can use the hot water to make anything else, tea or instant meals. Water heats up and remains hot inside the machine until you need to use it.
What To Consider When Buying a Coffee Maker with Hot Water Dispenser?
The most important thing you’ll want is for the hot water dispenser to be a separate spout than the coffee spout. Some coffee makers, especially single-serve brewers, have hot water dispensing from the same spout as the coffee, which results in a cup of hot water mixed with some coffee residue, something you definitely do not want. However, it can be avoided by dispensing a small amount of hot water just to flush out the system of any residue.
Another thing to consider is the water reservoir. Is it a single water reservoir for both coffee brewing and hot water? Or are there separate reservoirs? If it’s a single reservoir, it’s still okay, but you’ll want to make sure it is large enough for both your coffee and hot water needs to avoid frequent refilling.
Best Drip Coffee Makers with Hot Water Dispenser
Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with Hot Water Dispenser:
- 12-Cup Carafe with a drip-free pour spout and a comfortable handle. Cord length : 36 Inches
This 12-cup coffee maker by Cuisinart works like any traditional drip coffee maker. You get your glass carafe with hot warming plate, digital clock and auto on/off programmability. The hot water dispenser is set on the right of the machine and it operates individually with its own water reservoir and its own on/off switch. The hot water reservoir has a 54 oz capacity, so it’s enough for multiple uses. Light indicators will show you when the hot water is ready or when the reservoir is empty.
Mr Coffee BVMC DMX85 12-Cup Coffee Maker with Hot Water Dispenser:
- Delay Brew timer lets you brew ahead of time, so you can wake up to fresh-brewed coffee
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Dual water window allows visibility as you fill—no more overflows
- On/off light indicates whether hot water dispenser is still active
- Brew Strength Selector pumps up a stronger flavor if you like a bolder taste
Mr Coffee’s coffee maker also has two separate sides, one for coffee brewing and another for hot water.
The coffee side has a 12-cup capacity, auto brew feature, digital clock, delay brew and brew strength settings (regular or strong).
The water reservoir side has its own separate 16 oz water reservoir. So it’s not as large as Cuisinart’s, but still good enough. The on/off switch for the hot water dispenser has a backlight that indicates whether the hot water is ready or not.
Best Single-Serve Coffee Makers with Hot Water Dispenser
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: 1 water filter handle, and 1 filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best
- BREWS MULTIPLE CUP SIZES: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12oz Enjoy the most popular cup sizes
- STRONG BREW BUTTON: Increases the strength and bold taste of your coffee’s flavor
- ICED SETTING: Brew hot over ice at the touch of a button for full-flavored, delicious iced coffee
- HOT WATER ON DEMAND BUTTON: Perfect for instant soups or oatmeal
K-Elite is one of Keurig’s most popular and versatile brewers. It’s one of Keurig’s premium choices that has full features and a nice upscale finish.
Using the K-Elite, you can brew 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 oz serving sizes. That’s every size Keurig has to offer, all in the same machine. Brewing options include: Strong brew, which steeps the coffee for a longer time to get you that bolder flavor, then there’s the Iced setting, when also brews a stronger and shorter brew, so it doesn’t taste watered down when the ice starts to melt.
The Hot Water button is what you use if you just want hot water. First you select your serving size then press the button for hot water to dispense. The only downside, in my opinion, is that the machine doesn’t have a separate spout for the hot water. This may result in some coffee ground residue coming out with the hot water. To avoid this, you can dispense a smaller amount first to clean out the spout and get rid of the residue, then dispense again.
Keurig K-Elite is compatible with all Keurig K-Cup pods, including refillable ones.
Read our full post about K-Elite here.
- K-Cup compatible brewer makes one cup at a time,Compatible with any brand of single cup pod including Keurig K-Cup pods. Cord length : 32 Inches
- Included Components: SS-10 unit
- 72-oz water reservoir
- Removable drip tray
- instruction book
The SS-10 is the best K-Cup brewer from a brand other than Keurig. Made by Cuisinart, who are leaders in kitchen appliances, you can expect a lot of features in this brewer.
To start, the SS-10 has several serving sizes, from 4 oz up to 12 oz. You might think, it is exactly like the K-Elite featured above, and you’re right. The difference is, the SS-10 was introduced years before the K-Elite, so Cuisinart was actually able to offer brew size variety way before Keurig did.
You also get brew temperature settings (which K-Elite also has now), auto on/off, a refillable pod includes. And most importantly, you get a hot water dispenser, too. But same as the K-Eilte, no separate spout for the hot water dispenser, too.
The SS-10 has a generous 72 oz removable water reservoir with a charcoal water filter. It is compatible with all K-Cup pods.