Amazon has been producing their own budget-friendly products under the brand name AmazonBasics. The brand sells products in so many categories, coffee makers being one of them.
As I was browsing the AmazonBasics store I noticed this single-serve coffee maker:
- Single-serve capsule coffee maker
- Compatible with standard k-pods pods including brands such as Starbucks, Green Mountain, Lipton, and more
- Makes hot coffee quickly and easily without the complicated process of a drip coffee maker
- Makes a single 8 ounce or 10 ounce cup of coffee per pod
- Removable capsule holder, drip tray, and water tank for easy cleaning; includes auto-shut off feature
Features of AmazonBasics Single Serve Brewer:
- Compatible with K-Cup pods of any brand. Which means you can brew coffee, tea, hot chocolate… any beverage available in a K-Cup form.
- Two serving sizes: 8 oz and 10 oz.
- Non-removable water reservoir.
- Removable drip tray allows you to fit a travel mug.
- Dimensions: 14” H X 7” W X 9” L
- Available in three colors: Red, Black and White.
Should You Buy the AmazonBasics Single Serve Brewer?
As you can see from the list of features, this brewer gives you the very basics of a single serve brewer. For the price, that’s exactly what you should expect.
This is a machine for anyone who is okay with a brewer that does just that, brew. No fancy features, no settings to change, nothing to adjust. Just pop in your pod and press the brew button.
However, for the same price or less (as of the time of writing), you can find brewers of better quality and design. Such brewer is the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew (49974) for example:
- Single-serve coffee maker with or without K-Cup pods. Brew up to 10 ounce. With a K-Cup, pod, or up to a 14 ounce. Travel mug with grounds. Pod holder and grounds basket are included.
- Just lower lid and brew: Whether it’s a single-serve pod or your own fresh grounds, just place them in the holder, lower the lid and press brew. The coffee maker automatically shuts off when brewing is complete.
- Personal coffee maker: The flex brew single-serve coffee maker is the perfect gift for college students, small kitchens, the office or anyone who prefers to have a fresh cup of coffee each time they brew.
- Fits a variety of mugs: Use the adjustable cup rest to not only fit your favorite mug in just right, but to also store the single-serve pod holder or the brew basket. Coffee Filter Type: Capsule
- Easy to clean: The pod-piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging that can sometimes occur with frequent use.
- It allows you to brew coffee using either K-Cup pods or ground coffee.
- Using pods, you can brew sizes up to 10 oz. Using coffee ground, you can brew up to 14 oz.
- It can accommodate mugs and travel mugs.
- Does not have a water reservoir. Fill the tank up to the line of your desired serving size.
- All filters and adapters you need are included (one for K-Cup pods and another for ground coffee).
- Dimensions: 13.35” H X 6.5 W X 10.2 L
Which One To Buy?
For the same price of less, you get a whole lot out of the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew than the AmazonBasics brewer. Unless the AmazonBasics is available on sale that make a big price difference, the FlexBrew is the better pick.