One of the most popular single-cup coffee brewers out there, next to Keurig, is Nespresso. You’ve probably seen their machines, ads, capsules, and it only made you wonder, which should you choose, a Keurig or Nespresso?
There’s actually quite a world’s difference between Keurig and Nespresso, so choosing between them won’t be hard if you know what you want out of your coffee brewer.
Keurig Coffee Brewer:
- A Keurig brewer is a single-cup coffee maker.
- It comes in two lines: Keurig, which only brews cups, and Keurig 2.0, which can brew cups and carafes.
- A Keurig machines use K-Cup pods, these pods are available from variety of coffee brands like Starbucks, Green Mountain, Dunkin’ Donuts and many more. These pods are also available as tea drinks or hot chocolate.
Who Should Buy a Keurig Coffee Maker?
- If you want a classic cup of black coffee, like a regular coffee maker would make, then you’ll want a Keurig.
- But that’s not all, you get a whole lot of other drinks from your Keurig, too. Hot chocolate, tea, some flavored coffee drinks and more!
- If you like a certain brand of coffee, you’ll probably find that it makes K-Cup pods. If they don’t, you can still enjoy your favorite coffee using a reusable K-Cup filter, which is a pod that you can fill with your own coffee ground.
- A Nespresso machine is a single-serve espresso maker.
- Nespresso machines are available in two variants: Nespresso OriginalLine and Nespresso VertuoLine.
- Nespresso OriginalLine, which is the original Nespresso, is designed to make Espresso and Espresso based drinks like Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato and more.
- Nespresso VertuoLine is designed to make Espresso and Coffee. However, their coffee isn’t the same as a classic brewed coffee as its prepared using a new technology exclusive to Nespresso.
- Nespresso machines use capsules (pods) made exclusively by Nespresso. However, there are some options for capsules that come from other brands. These capsules are available for Nespresso OriginalLine only.
- Depending on the model you choose, a Nespresso machine can come bundled with a milk frother that will automatically heat and froth milk to make your favorite coffee drink.
Who Should Buy a Nespresso Machine?
If you enjoy espresso or milk based coffee drinks like the ones usually bought from cafes, you’ll love having a Nespresso machine. It makes high-quality coffee drinks at no time and at friction cost of the price you’d pay at a cafe.
Differences Between Keurig vs. Nespresso:
Image Feature The ultimate Keurig coffee maker. Includes 6 K-Cup pods and a water filter handle + 2 filters to help your beverages taste their best
A large 80oz water reservoir allows you to brew 10+ cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to, and on the K575, you can choose from several different nightlight colors to illuminate your kitchen at night.
Brews multiple K-Cup pod brew sizes (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.) and brews a Carafe (22, 26, or 30oz) using K-Carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it (Carafe sold separately)
Strength Control: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any K-Cup pod brew size. Plus, five temperature settings allow you to enjoy your favorite beverage at your desired temperature
Hot Water on Demand: Press the hot water on demand button and select your desired brew size in order to dispense hot water. A removable drip tray at the base of the brewer catches drips and makes for easy clean-up
An extra-large color touch screen with a digital clock makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute. Plus, program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times, so that it is ready to go when you want it, and turns off to conserve energy.
Programmable buttons for espresso and lungo, folding drip tray for larger cups and recipes, brew ready in 25-30 second
Backlight indicators, water level detection, auto power-off, used capsule container, convenient power cord storage
12.83-inch length by 4.33-inch width by 9-1/4-inch height
24-Ounce water tank
Aeroccino plus. hot and cold milk froth for cappuccinos,hot milk for lattes. hot milk froth in 70 seconds. cold milk froth in 60 seconds.
Title Keurig K575 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Coffee Maker with 12 oz brew size and hot water on demand, Platinum Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker With Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother, Electric Titan Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
Type of Drinks:
Keurig specializes in coffee, but can make a variety of other drinks too. While it can make some coffee drinks like a latte or cappuccino, these are more comparable of an instant drink that you’d normally make out of a packet than a fresh drink. So, while the coffee Keurig makes is great, I wouldn’t recommend their cafe-style drinks over Nespresso.
Nespresso machines are high bar power pump machines that makes espresso drinks. So, what you get is Italian style espresso, or you can pair that espresso with steamed or frothed milk to make your favorite latte or Cappuccino drink. The capsules only contains coffee ground, and you’ll also be using your choice of fresh milk, which is why the quality is high.
Type of Pods/Capsules:
Keurig doesn’t make its own pods, but teams up with popular coffee brands so they can offer you your favorite coffee no matter what brand you prefer.
Nespresso on the other hand, manufacture their own capsules. There’s a limited number but good variety of capsules available to try, with many limited edition that come out seasonly. There are also a few Nespresso-compatible brands. Note that Nespresso OriginalLine capsules are entirely different than VertuoLine capsules.
Keurig coffee makers come in a variety of sizes. The design is usually similar, and some have simple button control panels and others may have a touch screen (mostly Keurig 2.0 machines). When brewing a K-Cup, you have to manually discard each pod after use. Accessories could include a reusable filter and/or a water filtration kit (check each model to know included accessories).
Nespresso machines have a very chic and modern design. They are compact in size, come in a variety of colors or metal choices. Each Nespresso machine is equipped with a used capsule drawer, so you don’t have to clean up after each use. The drawer will hold up to 10 or so used capsules that eject into the drawer automatically. Some Nespresso machines have built-in milk frother (known as Aeroccino), other models have a stand-alone forthers, and of course, you can also buy the machine without the frother.
Watch How They Work:
How To Use a Keurig:
How To Use Nespresso: