We all have our favorite way to enjoy our cup of coffee. Some like a traditional cup of drip coffee, others prefer a strong and aromatic shot of espresso. But if you’re one of the people who like a creamy and luxurious cup of creamy latte or foamy cappuccino and want to make it with a press of a button at the comfort of your home, this post is for you.
Nespresso machines are a popular choice for a single-serve espresso machine, no doubt about this. But there’s also so many options and models to choose from. Picking the right Nespresso machine always goes down to what you want to prepare with it. Of course, all Nespresso machines can prepare several recipes of coffee, but some models do a better job than others.
What Do You Need in a Nespresso Machine for Latte or Cappuccino:
Latte, Cappuccino, Macchiato and other specialty coffee drinks are all made of two main ingredients: espresso and milk.
All Nespresso machines can make Espresso, but for you to complete the recipe, you’ll need a milk frother.
You have several options here:
- You can use a handheld milk frother, where you’ll have to first heat the milk then whisk it manually.
- You can buy your Nespresso machine bundled with an Aeroccino, Nespresso’s electric milk frother which heats and froths the milk automatically.
- Or, you can buy a Nespresso machine with a built-in milk frother. This is the best and fastest way to make your latte and cappuccino with a single press of a button.
Best Nespresso Machines with Built-in Milk Frothers
TOP PICK – Nespresso Lattissima Pro
This machine’s built-in milk frother allows you to adjust the foam level to your liking. When you pick a drink using the touchscreen, it will automatically heat up, foam and dispense the milk into your cup. The coffee spout will then dispense the espresso shot and add it to the milk.
The milk frother is also detachable. This is great because you can simply remove any left-over milk and store it in the fridge for later use. It’s also dishwasher safe.
Other features of Lattissima Pro:
- 44 oz water reservoir.
- Use capsule container: 15 capsules.
- Adjustable cup tray allows you to fit small or tall cups.
- Backlight indicator.
- Easy to use touchscreen and LCD display for customizing your drinks.
- Compatible with all Nespresso OriginalLine capsules and Nespresso-compatible capsules.
SECOND PICK – Creatista Plus by Breville
The Creatista Plus was designed to give you the closest thing to a professional espresso machine but without all the work. It doesn’t have a milk frother, but it has a milk steamer. Yes, just like the steamer your cafe has in their machine, and it works automatically. it creates professionally steamed textured milk that you can use to make latte art (that one you’ll have to do the work for!).
On the machine, there’s a colored display that allows you to customize already programmed recipes like: cappuccino, latte, flat white and more. You can also create your own recipe and save them under any name you want.
You also have the option to choose from 8 milk textures and 11 temperatures.
Other features include:
- 60 oz water reservoir.
- Adjustable cup tray to hold small or tall cups.
- Full stainless steel housing.
- Includes a milk frothing jug.
- Compatible with all Nespresso OriginalLine and Nespresso-compatible capsules.
Which Do You Pick? Lattissima Pro or Creatista Plus?
With these two machines, you’ll get two different experiences, even though both use the same Nespresso type of capsules. But here’s how to decide between them:
- If you want a full push-button experience, where you simple pick the beverage you want and the machine does it all, go for the Lattissima Pro. With the Lattissima, the machine automatically dispenses the right amount of everything, and there’s some room for customization. However, the froth it makes is not the same as Creatista’s. The Lattissima produces frothy and dense froth that is comparable to what an electric milk frother would produce.
- The Creatista Plus on the other hand, while still automated, does need some work from your side. It automatically heats and froths the milk to your liking, but you’ll have to add in the right amount of milk for your recipe. The Creatista uses steam to froth the milk, it is more like what you’d expect from a specialty cafe and what a professional espresso machine would produce. Micro foam textured milk is lighter and not as dense as what the Lattissima offers. Customization in the Creatista is far better, as you get to select the temperature and texture of the milk from several options.
Is one better than the other? It all goes down to what you like. If you like foamy milk texture you’ll prefer the Lattissma, while on the down side, it has to temperature settings. If you like your milk textured and on the lighter side, you’ll enjoy the Creatista better.
Best Nespresso Capsules for Latte and Cappuccino
Now that you now which Nespresso machines work best for making Latte and Cappuccino, here are some recommendations for the best Nespresso capsules.
As you know, Nespresso capsules come in different intensities and varieties. And some of these complement milk better than others. So here are some variety packs to consider:
This variety pack includes 50 capsules of Nespresso’s most intense coffee blends. It includes: 10 Ristretto, 10 Arpeggio, 10 Roma, 10 Indriya from India, 10 Fortissio Lungo.
If you prefer a strong taste to your coffee that cannot be overpowered by the taste of milk, this is the variety pack to try.
If you like your coffee flavored, then definitely give these capsules a try. This variety pack includes 30 capsules total, 10 of each flavor: 10 Vanilio, 10 Ciocattino, 10 Caramelito. They are medium roast and have an intensity level of 6. It’s important to note that these capsules do not include artificial flavors, the pods contain pure coffee ground. The flavors are subtle and the milk help brings them more to life. So don’t expect a sugary drink when using these, but a rather pleasant and sweet aftertaste and lovely aroma.
This is another intense coffee capsule bundle, but from a brand other than Nespresso. Gourmesso is a fair trade brand that creates Nespresso compatible capsules. This bundle is available in a count of 60, 80 or 100 capsules. it includes: Etiopia Blend Forte – Intensity 10 ✪ Ristretto Blend Forte – Intensity 10 ✪ Messico Blend Forte – Intensity 9 ✪ Tarrazu Forte – Intensity 8.
Also by Gourmesso, a bundle of naturally flavored coffee capsules that will satisfy your sweet tooth without the added sugar. They all have medium 5 intensity, and includes these flavors: caramel, chocolate, coconut, hazelnut and vanilla. Each box contains 10 capsules.