If you’ve been researching electric milk frothers for some time, then you’ve probably noticed that Breville’s Milk Cafe frother sits on top of the charts. Even though it isn’t exactly a budget purchase, it’s full packed with features that makes it worth its price. So if you’re looking for high quality, top performance and variety of features, Breville Milk Cafe frother has them all.
Features of Breville Milk Cafe Electric Frother:
- Latte frothing disc for smooth and silky milk. Please review the Product Videos under the images before use.
- Cappucino frothing disk for thick and creamy froth
- Hot chocolate maker, by simply adding drinking chocolate powder, flakes or syrup to the warming milk
- On-board disc storage
- Product uses induction heating, you can simply place the jug in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
- Heats and froths milk for use with coffee drinks or other drinks such as hot chocolate, matcha or even enjoy warm milk on its own.
- Includes two discs, Cappuccino frothing disc for dense foam and Latte Disc for smooth and less dense foam.
- Allows you to add ingredients directly into the milk as it heats and froths. You can add chocolate syrup, shavings or powder for hot chocolate. Or matcha powder for a matcha latte.
- Variable temperature settings: Goes from warm to hot. It can also create a cold milk stir/foam.
- Uses induction heating technology. Frothing jug is completely detachable and can be washed and immersed in water. It is also dishwasher safe.
- Large 3-cup capacity.
- On-board storage holds frothing discs.
What Can the Breville Milk Cafe Do?
As milk frother, the Milk Cafe’s main usage is to heat and froth milk. But thanks to its features, you can use it to make an array of drinks that require hot or cold froth.
Not many milk frothers allow for ingredients to be added directly into the jug as it froths milk. But thanks to Milk Cafe’s jug material (stainless steel inner coating), and the fact that the jug does not have a heating element in it (as it uses induction heating), you can add your ingredients without worrying about the jug or the frother.
Popular beverages that you can try are hot chocolate, Matcha latte, Chai latte. This is in addition to any coffee drink, hot or cold, such as cappuccino, latte, Machiatto.
Variable Temperature Control:
This feature is one of Breville Milk Cafe’s most important features. It is one of very few frothers that have this feature. Most of them will allow you to choose between hot or cold froth, but not precise temperature control like the Milk Cafe.
Using the Milk Cafe, you can go from warm milk, 120F and up to 180F and temperatures in-between. Then there’s the Cold Stir option for cold froth.
Using Alternative Milks:
If you choose to use alternative milks like almond, oat, coconut… you name it. Using it shouldn’t be a problem at all. However, due to the nature and consistency of each type of those milks, you can’t except the same results as those from cow’s milk. This is a general rule for all frothers and not just the Milk Cafe.
Breville Milk Cafe vs. Nespresso Aeroccino 4:
Aeroccino 4 by Nespresso has been an increasingly popular product. It’s a great alternative to the Aeroccino 3 as it has more frothing options. But how does it compare to the Breville Milk Cafe?
Features of Nespresso Aeroccino 4:
- 2 types of hot foam, hot milk and cold foam, the Aeroccino4 offers you a wide choice to prepare even more coffee and milk recipes at home in a simple way
- Dishwasher proof (Max 70° C)
- One single whisk for all preparations
- Creates hot or cold foam.
- Total of four frothing options: 2 hot foam (latte, cappuccino), 2 cold foam and hot milk (without foam).
- One single whisk, no need to switch whisk for different foam results.
- Stainless steel housing, ceramic inner coating.
- Jug can be submerged in water. Dishwasher safe.
- One-cup capacity.
How Is It Different From Breville Milk Cafe?
They’re quite different in terms of features:
- Breville has variable temperature settings, ingredients can be added to milk, large capacity.
- With the Aeroccino you can choose your foam density using a button, so no need to switch whisks like in the Milk Cafe.
- Using Aeroccino, you can pick from hot or cold froth, but there’s no precise temperature selection.
Aeroccino holds a single cup worth of froth, while the Breville Milk Cafe holds up to three cups.
- Both frothers have jugs that are dishwasher safe.
Which Is Better?
Price aside, the Breville Milk Cafe is the obvious winner here. However, it is more expensive. But as we all know, you get what you pay for. If you’re on a tight budget and looking for basic features, then Aeroccino should make a good pick.
Breville BMF600 The Milk Cafe vs. BMF300 The Hot Choc and Froth, What’s The Difference?
- Blend and aerate rich chocolate shavings or cocoa powder with the touch of a button
- Magnetic whisk driven at variable speeds to provide various milk texture levels
- Settings include hot chocolate, cappuccino, latte, baby latte
- 8.5 oz. capacity
- Brushed stainless steel
Features of the Hot Choc and Froth:
- Select from three options: Hot Chocolate, Cappuccino or Latte.
- You can add ingredients directly into the frother.
- Includes one frothing whisk only.
- Prepares hot froth only.
- Capacity: 8.5 oz
- Jug is dishwasher safe.
How Is It Different From Breville Milk Cafe?
There’s quite a difference between the two models. The Hot Choc and Froth is quite a basic for what it does. You either use it for hot froth or hot chocolate. And for what it does, it’s rather on the expensive side, so I don’t recommend buying it.
It’s hard to believe that there’s only a $29 difference in price between these two (as of the time of writing). So if you can, go for the Breville Milk Cafe. If you want something less expensive and don’t mind having less features, there are many other frothers to choose from, Nespresso Aeroccino being one of them.