What Is Ninja Coffee Bar? How Is It Different Than Keurig?
Ninja Coffee Bar is a single serve coffee maker, much like Keurig. However, it’s not a system that relies on pods, it uses ground coffee, instead, just like a traditional coffee maker.
But Ninja Coffee Bar is not just a single serve coffee maker. ‘Coffee Bar’ refers to the fact that it can prepare an array of coffee drinks: a full pot, a half pot, a single cup or travel mug, and specialty coffee drinks.
Let’s look at the features of Ninja Coffee Bar CF092:
- Pod-free single serve coffee maker. Uses coffee ground only.
- Customize your brew strength: Classic, Rich, Over Ice, Speciality or Cafe Forte.
- Brew Sizes: Cup, XL Cup, Travel Mug, XL Multi-serve, Half carafe and full 10-cup carafe.
- Built-in milk frother allows you to froth milk to make specialty coffee drinks.
- Warming plate (with the glass carafe model) keeps coffee hot for hours.
- Available in different models that include different accessories like double walled tumbler, glass or thermal carafe.
What Is Cafe Forte?
This custom brew is an 8 oz of size that produces a bold and complex coffee flavor. If you prefer a strong brew, this would be your choice.
How Is Ninja Coffee System Different Than Keurig?
In this case, we will be comparing the Ninja Coffee System to Keurig 2.0 for a fair comparison. If you want o see a comparison of Keurig vs. Ninja’s single-serve coffee maker, click here.
Image Feature Pod free single serve and carafe coffee system
Custom Brews: Classic, Rich, or Over Ice; or Signature Brews: Specialty and Cafe Forte
Custom Brew Sizes: Cup, XL Cup, Travel Mug, XL Multi-Serve, Half Carafe, and Full Carafe
Built-In frother to brew, froth and drink-all in your favorite mug
Advanced Thermal Flavor Extraction Technology and Auto-iQ One-Touch Intelligence
The ultimate Keurig coffee maker. Includes 6 K-Cup pods and a water filter handle + 2 filters to help your beverages taste their best
A large 80oz water reservoir allows you to brew 10+ cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to, and on the K575, you can choose from several different nightlight colors to illuminate your kitchen at night.
Brews multiple K-Cup pod brew sizes (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.) and brews a Carafe (22, 26, or 30oz) using K-Carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it (Carafe sold separately)
Strength Control: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any K-Cup pod brew size. Plus, five temperature settings allow you to enjoy your favorite beverage at your desired temperature
Hot Water on Demand: Press the hot water on demand button and select your desired brew size in order to dispense hot water. A removable drip tray at the base of the brewer catches drips and makes for easy clean-up
An extra-large color touch screen with a digital clock makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute. Plus, program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times, so that it is ready to go when you want it, and turns off to conserve energy.
Title Ninja Coffee Bar Glass Carafe System (CF091) Keurig K575 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Coffee Maker with 12 oz brew size and hot water on demand, Platinum Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- Of course, the one major difference here is the fact that a Ninja Coffee System is pod-free and gives you the freedom of using your own coffee ground. While the Keurig system uses K-Cup pods mainly, with the option of using coffee ground with a reusable filter.
- When it comes to cup sizes, although both systems use different names, they both pretty much offer the same selection of cup sizes. But, there’s a difference in brew strength customization:
- Keurig has the option of creating a strong brew, which works by steeping the coffee ground in the K-Cup for a longer time before releasing it into the cup.
- Ninja Coffee Bar has classic, Rich (which is strong brew), Cafe Forte which is another strong brew.
- When it comes to specialty coffee drinks, none of these coffee systems can prepare an authentic espresso shot. However, Ninja Coffee Bar can prepare a better cup than Keurig. With a Ninja Coffee Bar, the machine can prepare a concentrated 4 oz coffee that can be combined with milk that you can froth using the built-in frother. This way, you’re getting a drink made with espresso-like coffee and fresh milk. On the other hand, Keurig’s specialty coffee drinks come packed fully in a K-Cup, which means you’re making a drink using flavored powered milk.
Making Drinks Other than Coffee:
- With a Keurig, you can make drinks like hot chocolate or tea for example. There’s a large variety of drinks available as K-Cups.
- Ninja Coffee Bar System is for coffee drinks only.
- The Ninja Coffee Bar is available in a range of model numbers, each includes different accessories with it. Of course the prices on these models vary depending on the included accessories, which are: glass carafe, thermal carafe or double-wall tumbler.
- Keurig 2.0, unfortunately, no longer includes any accessories with the machine. The only thing you’ll get is a water filtration kit. As for the carafe, you’ll have to purchase separately. You might find bundle deals from different sellers.
Which One To Buy?
Which one of these is the right choice for you will depend on what you need from your brewer:
- If you or your family members like a variety of drinks, whether its coffee, tea or hot chocolate, then you’ll love the variety Keurig can offer you. Using K-Cups also makes the preparation of a drink much faster and mess-free.
- If you’re only looking to make coffee drinks only, the Ninja Coffee Bar can give you more value for its price. However, the process of making a cup of pot isn’t as quick. There’s also the clean up of filters (either reusable or paper) after use. So while it’s great, it is not as convenient as using a Keurig.
Review and Unboxing of Ninja Coffee Bar: