Ninja Coffee Bar is a complete coffee brewing system that makes an array of serving sizes including full carafe, half carafe and single serve. We’ve already compared Ninja’s full coffee maker to Keurig 2.0. However, since we like to focus on single-serve coffee makers on our website, we’re going to be talking about a specific model of Ninja Coffee Bar, CF112, which is a pod-free single serve coffee maker.
If you enjoy different kinds of coffee drinks, you might find the Ninja Coffee Bar System to be quite worth having.
Features of Ninja Coffee Bar (CF112):
- Single serve coffee maker using ground coffee, no pods required.
- Multiple serving sizes: Cup, XL Cup, Travel Cup and Multi-serve.
- Brews hot and cold coffee.
- Brew types: Classic brew, Rich Brew, Over Ice, Specialty (concentrated) and Cafe Forte.
- Built-in frother allows you to create creamy froth for specialty coffee drinks like Cappuccino or Latte.
- Includes a 22 oz To-Go tumbler.
Explaining Brew Types and Size Serving of Ninja Coffee Bar Single-Serve System:
One of the best features of Ninja Coffee Bar is the variety of coffee brew types it can make. It has 5 brew types, to be specific:
- Classic Brew: a classic, balanced and smooth cup of coffee.
- Rich Brew: a balanced flavor, like the Classic, but with more intensity for those who prefer a stronger flavor.
- Over-Ice: designed especially to make hot coffee brewed over ice, but never tastes watered-down.
- Specialty: If you want to make a specialty coffee drink, this option makes you a coffee concentrate (4oz) that is very strong in taste to resemble a shot of espresso that is traditionally used for these type of drinks.
- Cafe Forte: a Ninja exclusive, this brew type makes a full-bodied and complex coffee brew. It makes 8 oz of coffee, so this is a perfect option for someone who prefers a strong brew.
As for cup sizes and servings, Ninja includes the following table in the manual for approximate coffee volume for each brew type:
Ninja Coffee Bar vs. Keurig, What’s The Difference?
Again, we’re here comparing Ninja Coffee Bar CF112 the Single-serve to the Keurig, which is possibly the most popular single-serve brewer out there.
The biggest difference between Ninja coffee bar and Keurig is
- Keurig relies on K-cups for its single-serve brewing. Coffee ground can be used with reusable k-cup filters.
- Ninja is a pod-free system. You don’t need any type of pods to brew coffee, just your favorite coffee ground.
- When it comes to cup sizes, Keurig brewers brew up to 12 oz.
- Ninja Coffee Bar brews up to 18 oz.
- Classic Keurig brewers don’t have many options for brewing. You select your serving size and depending on the model, you can find the Strong Brew option which makes a stronger brew.
- On the Ninja Coffee Brewing system, you have 5 brew type to choose from. This includes the specialty option for making drinks like lattes or cappuccinos.
Which One To Choose?
- If coffee is all you want to make, then Ninja Coffee Maker is a great choice. It offers a good variety of coffee drinks and serving sizes. And the fact that it uses ground coffee means you won’t have to spend a lot of money on any special kind of pods.
- If you enjoy a variety of hot or cold drinks, then a Keurig is considered a good choice since it is a ‘beverage center’ rather than just a coffee maker. K-Cups are available in a wide selection of brands and drinks like coffee, tea, hot chocolate, Hot Cider and a lot more.
– Can I Use Keurig K-Cups or other Coffee Pods with Ninja Coffee Bar?
No, Ninja Coffee bar only uses coffee ground.
– Does Ninja Coffee Bar Make Lattes?
Yes, using the Speciality brew option in combination with the built-in frother, you can create a delicious and creamy cup of latte.
– Does Ninja Coffee Bar Grind Coffee Beans?
No, Ninja Coffee Bar does not have a built-in grinder. You’ll have to grind your beans before use. Medium grind is recommended by Ninja.
– Can You Make Tea Using Ninja Coffee Bar?
No, Ninja is a strictly coffee maker. Unlike Keurig which can make tea using any tea K-Cup.