The Keurig Single Serve coffee makers family keeps growing to provide you with the best coffee experience possible.
After the successful release of Keurig’s K-Duo line, now comes a newer edition that goes by the name K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus.
First thing you’ll notice about the K-Supreme, is that it looks identical to other Keurig machines like K-Slim and K-Min Plus. But actually, there’s a really interesting update in the K-Supreme that promises to noticeably improve the taste of your coffee.
What’s New in Keurig K-Supreme?
In K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus, Keurig introduces a new technology that they call MultiStream Technology.
Now we all know that the way Keurig coffee makers work is by puncturing a pod with a needle which distributes water through the coffee pod to extract the coffee.
With MultiStream, instead of a single stream of water, the machine uses multiple streams of water, a total of 5 to be exact. What this does is distribute water more evenly through the pod, extracts more flavor and aroma and produces an overall better cup of coffee.
Features of Keurig K-Supreme
- MULTISTREAM TECHNOLOGY: Extracts more flavor and aroma* in every brew. *vs Keurig leading K-Classic brewer with The Original Donut Shop Coffee K-Cup pod
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR CUP: Brew a stronger cup, or brew hot over ice for refreshing iced coffee.
- MULTIPLE BREW SIZES: Brew a 6, 8, 10, or 12 oz. cup.
- 66 oz. DUAL-POSITION RESERVOIR: Choose the perfect position for optimal counter space. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- FAST & FRESH-BREWED: Coffee made in minutes.
The K-Supreme has a lot of similar features to previous Keurig machines, from serving sizes to customization options. However, MultiStream Technology is only available in the K-Supreme.
The great thing about K-Supreme, or any Keurig machine for that matter, is the great variety of beverages you can enjoy. While coffee is the most popular beverage you can enjoy, you can also make hot chocolate, tea, hot apple cider and more! You can enjoy any type of K-cup pod available from any brand you want.
The new repositionable water reservoir is a great design feature that would be useful to anyone with a tight counter space. The reservoir can be moved to the back of the machine or to the left.
Keurig K-Supreme vs. K-Supreme Plus, What Is The Difference?
- MULTISTREAM TECHNOLOGY: Extracts more flavor and aroma in every brew. vs. Keurig leading K-Classic brewer with The Original Donut Shop Coffee K-Cup Pod
- PROGRAMMABLE FAVORITES: Save individual brewing preferences for up to 3 users.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR CUP: Brew a stronger cup, or brew hot over ice for refreshing iced coffee. Choose from 3 strength and 3 temperature settings.
- MULTIPLE BREW SIZES: Brew a 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 oz. cup.
- 78 oz. REMOVABLE RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew up to 9 cups before having to refill, saving you time.
Keurig usually releases two versions of each model of their machines. The K-Supreme is no different. There’s the K-Supreme, which you’ve read its features above, and there’s the K-Supreme Plus version.
What additional features the Plus version have?
- Temperature Control: you can select from three temperature levels between 160 and 172 degrees.
- Programmable Favorites: You can save customized settings (size, temperature and strength) for up to three users.
- Larger 78 oz water reservoir – this one is NOT repositionable.
- It has a digital display screen.
- Stainless steel housing.
- One additional serving size: it brews 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 oz.
Other that those differences, the K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus have the same features:
Strength Control, Iced coffee setting, MultiStream technology.
What Pods are Compatible with K-Supreme and K-Supreme Plus?
You can use any K-Cup pod you like, from any brand. That includes refillable pods, too. However, Keurig says to be sure to use the newest version of My K-Cup which has a grey top, which is the kind that’s compatible with MultiStream brewing technology. The lid of the refillable pod has to have fives holes for it to work, so older models (from any brand) of refillable pods will not work.
How Does K-Supreme Compare to Other Keurig Machines?
The biggest difference here is Keurig’s new MultiStream Technology, which is not available in any of the older machines, but could be used on newer machines from now on.
With other Keurig machines, there’s only a single stream of water saturating the k-cup pod. Now, with MultiStream, there are fives streams of water.
An exception would be the K-Duo. It does not have MultiStream feature, but it’s a combo machine that does single serve and full pot coffee using ground coffee. So it’s a great and somewhat different option that your usual single serve Keurigs.
Should You Buy the K-Supreme?
If you’re a current owner of a Keurig machine, would buying the K-Supreme make any difference to you?
Well, if you’re happy with your current brewing results, then an upgrade might not make a difference. If you’re looking to noticeably improve the taste and aroma of your coffee, a K-Supreme and its MultiStream Technology would make a difference in your brew because it does saturate the coffee grounds better than the previous models. This is a technical difference that is aught to improve the quality of your brew, but I also think that some people might not notice any difference, or would not care enough about this improvement to upgrade.
Most other features are already available in other Keurig machines, so your biggest selling point here is MultiStream and whether you want to change the way the machine extracts the coffee or not.