Making your favorite coffee drinks at home has never been easier thanks to single serve coffee makers such as Nespresso, Keurig or Ninja Coffee Bar. Another brand that has an easy to use, one-touch coffee maker is Mr. Coffee. Their One-Touch CoffeeHouse espresso, cappuccino and latte maker works just as its name suggests, with one touch of a button. No experience required. Also, no continuous pod expenses as this machine uses coffee ground.
What Are The Features of Mr. Coffee One Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso and Cappuccino Maker?
- 19-bar Italian pump pressure for full flavorful extraction of coffee.
- Easy one-touch controls. Select from two pre-set sizes for each drink: espresso, cappuccino or latte. You can also create your own custom settings.
- Make a single or double shot at the same time.
- Automatic built-in frother heats and froths milk. Froth level can be adjusted.
- Milk container is removable so any leftover milk can be stored in the fridge.
- Adjustable cup tray allows you to fit short or tall cups. It can also hold one to two cups for espresso extraction.
- Milk tank capacity: 650ml. Enough for 6 cappuccinos or 3 lattes.
- The machine includes a portafilter with two baskets (single or double), a coffee scoop and a tamper.
Mr. Coffee CoffeeHouse vs. Cafe Barista, Are They The Same?
Mr. Coffee has another cappuccino and latte maker named Cafe Barista. How is Cafe Barista different than CoffeeHouse model and which one should you choose?
Mr Coffee CoffeeHouse is the upgraded version of Cafe Barista. It’s designed with a few improvements that make your overall experience better:
- Capacity: Mr Coffee CoffeeHouse has a capacity to make 6 Cappuccinos or 3 Lattes before refilling water or milk. Cafe Barista can make 4 Cappuccinos and 2 Lattes. The larger capacity of CoffeeHouse can be useful for a larger family, office use or when entertaining guests.
- Drip Tray Capacity: The drip tray of CoffeeHouse can hold two cups at a time instead of just one like the Cafe Barista. This means when brewing two shots for two cups, you can position them both at the same time. However, when using the frother, the milk will be dispensed one cup at a time.
- Pump Pressure: CoffeeHouse has a more powerful 19 bar pressure while the Cafe Barista has 15 bars pressure.
- Thermo Couples: This is the part that is responsible for heating in the machine. The CoffeeHouse has 3 thermo couples while the Cafe Barista has 2. More Thermo Couples means more stable temperature for coffee and milk heating.
Which One Do You Choose? Mr Coffee CoffeeHouse or Mr Coffee Cafe Barista?
- The feature between the two models that can make the biggest difference is capacity. Think of how many people going to use the machine or how many people you’ll be serving at a time. The CoffeeHouse model has the larger capacity so it will make a better choice for users who are serving many people.
- The Thermo Couples on the CoffeeHouse will also provide more stable temperature and probably hotter drinks faster. So if that’s important to you, the CoffeeHouse model is your pick.
- Other feature differences are somewhat small and shouldn’t effect your experience much.