CitiZ is one of Nespresso’s classic espresso machines that has been around since the beginning, make it one of the most popular models in Nespresso’s range. It’s an Original Line machine, which means it makes espresso as well as espresso based drinks (cappuccino, latte, macchiato).
CitiZ and Milk, as it’s name suggests, features a built-in milk frother that heats and froths milk with a push of a button. It can also make cold froth without heating the milk to use with iced coffee drinks.
If you’ve been doing your research, you probably came across the Lattissima line, which are also Nespresso coffee makers with built-in milk frothers. So the question now is, which of these do you choose? Is there any difference between them?
Let’s start with the CitiZ and Milk:
- 19 bar OriginalLine espresso machine
- Compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine capsules as well as Nespresso-compatible capsules.
- Can make espresso, lungo and milk based espresso drinks.
- Built-in Aeroccino 3 milk frother can heat milk, create Latte foam or Cappuccino foam. It can also make cold froth.
- Reprogrammable volume sizes: 1.35 oz espresso and 3.75 oz lungo, can be reprogrammed to your preferred volume.
- Can accommodate short or tall glasses.
- Water reservoir capacity: 34 oz
How Does CitiZ and Milk Work?
Making your favorite coffee drink using CitiZ and Milk is as simple as pushing a button. And since the Aeroccino frother is built into the same base as the machine, you only need one electric plug to operate them both at the same time. Watch the following video to see how it works:
DeLonghi Lattissima Pro and Lattissima One:
The Lassittima line is actually by DeLonghi and is powered by Nespresso’s capsule system. So when you pick a Lattissima machine, you’re getting the technology of two brands rather than just one.
Lattissima machines, just like CitiZ and milk, come with a built-in milk frother to make your coffee prep very easy. However, the milk frother on the Lattissima works differently…
Let’s look at two of the most popular Lattissima models, Lattissima Pro and Lattissima One.
Features of Lattissima Pro:
- Espresso make compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine capsules and Nespresso-compatible brands.
- Built-in Cappuccino system by DeLonghi that creates hot creamy froth for your favorite coffee drinks.
- Digital Touchscreen allows you to easily choose from preset drinks or program your own. Choose from Cappuccino Latte, Espresso, Lungo, Warm milk or hot water.
- Milk frother automatically heats, froths and dispenses the right amount of milk right into your cup.
- Detachable milk container allows you to store leftover milk in the fridge for later use.
- Adjustable cup tray accommodates short or tall cups.
- Water reservoir capacity: 43 oz.
Features of Lattissima One:
- Compact single-serve espresso maker with built-in milk frother.
- Compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine capsules and Nespresso-compatible brands.
- Small milk frother holds just enough milk for a single-serve cup.
- Button controls: easily operate the machine using three buttons: espresso, lungo and milk button (for frothing milk).
- Milk frother dispenses froth directly into your cup.
- Jug is detachable for easy cleanup.
- Water reservoir capacity: 33.8 oz.
- Available in different colors.
What’s The Difference Between Lattissima Pro vs. Lattissima One?
Before we get into the difference between Citiz and Milk and Lattissma, let’s look at the difference between Lattissima Pro and Lattissma One…
Both Lattissma models are great one-touch systems with innovative milk frothers that froth and dispense milk automatically. The difference comes in their size and controls:
- Lattissima Pro has a larger milk frother, it automatically measures and dispenses the right amount of milk for your chosen recipe. Using the LCD display, you can select from preset drinks so all you have to do is push a single button for the machine to start brewing the coffee and preparing your milk.
- The Lattissima One, on the other hand, does not have pre-set drinks. Instead, you’ll do two steps to prepare your coffee drink. First, choose from Espresso or Lungo to extract the coffee. Then press the milk button for the frother to heat, froth then dispense your milk into the cup. The frother holds only a single serving of milk at a time, and using the measurement marks, you can fill the exact amount of milk required for Cappuccino or Latte.
CitiZ and Milk vs. Lattissima – What’s The Difference?
Now we’ve looked at the features of each model, differences are becoming more clear, but let’s start with how they’re similar first:
- All these machines use Nespresso OriginalLine capsules. You can also use Nespresso-compatible capsules and refillable filters, although I don’t recommend these since some have terrible quality and can break your machine.
- You can make the same coffee drinks: espresso, lungo and with the help of the milk frother, any milk + espresso drink (Cappuccino, latte…).
- So, whichever of these models you choose, you’ll be making the same coffee drinks using the same coffee capsule style (OriginalLine).
Where’s the difference then?
Image Title Nespresso CitiZ & Milk Espresso Machine by De'Longhi, Black De'Longhi America EN750MB Nespresso Lattissima Pro Machine Nespresso by De'Longhi EN500W Lattissima One Original Espresso Machine with Milk Frother, Silky White Feature HIGH PERFORMANCE: The 19 bar pump system offers barista-style single-serve Coffee or Espresso every time, perfectly extracting the delicate flavor of each Nespresso Original Coffee capsule
SPEED AND ENERGY SAVING: The fast heat-up system reaches the ideal temperature in just 25 seconds. The automatic energy saving function switches the machine off after 9 minutes of inactivity and can be extended from 9 to 30 minutes. Cable storage
VERSATILITY: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1.35 oz.) and Lungo (5 oz.) buttons making CitiZ a great Coffee maker for all your single-serve Coffee needs. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks. Removable Nespresso capsule container, drip tray and water tank (34 oz.) for quick and simple cleaning
DESIGN: CitiZ's look continues to please both Nespresso Coffee and Espresso drinkers and design lovers, adding a touch of elegance to Coffee rituals.
COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a Nespresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles
BUNDLE: The Aeroccino 3 milk frother is included to create the perfect finish to your single-serve Coffee beverages such as Cappuccino or Latte. Folding drip tray for a taller glass
Patented De'Longhi automatic cappuccino Latte Crema System
Patented Nespresso capsule system
Sensor touch display
Premium finishes and Italian design
Choose among 6 pre-programmed drinks (ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte, hot milk and hot water function for tea
SIMPLE SINGLE SERVE SYSTEM: The Lattissima One is a simple and easy to operate single-serve system. Simply fill the milk jug with the desired amount of milk, then use the machine to froth directly into your Coffee drink for the perfect Coffee & milk drink.
POWERFUL COFFEE MAKER: Nespresso Lattissima One Espresso maker has a 19 bar high-pressure pump that allows for a barista-style result, unlocking the delicate flavor of each Coffee capsule.
FEATURES: The Lattissima One has a 33.8 oz. water tank, a great size so refilling is not as frequent as other single-serve machines. This machine also has a fast heat-up time of only 25 seconds for Espressos and 40 seconds for milk beverages.
VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: Brew different single-serve Coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your Coffee needs - Espresso (1.35 oz.), Lungo (5 oz.), froth the perfect milk to create the perfect Cappuccino or Latte in the comfort of your own home. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks.
COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each Espresso machine includes a Nespresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles. Folding drip tray
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info More Info
They’re different in how they operate:
- CitiZ and Milk, although it has a built-in milk frother that powers up with the machine, it still operates separately. Which means, after the milk is frothed and ready, you’ll pick up the frother to pour your milk in and add it to your cup. Measuring the amount of milk is done by you, although there are measurement guides inside the frother.
- On the Lattissima Pro, things are much simpler. Fill up the frother’s jug with cold milk, insert a capsule and pick your drink from the presets in the menu (or create your own). The machine will brew the coffee, froth the perfect amount of milk and pour it automatically to your cup. So it really is a one-touch operation.
- Last but certainly not least is the Lattissima One, which combines the compact size of the Citiz and Milk with the one-touch (well, two touch to be exact) operation. The Lattissima One has a small frothing jug that holds a single serving of milk only. Fill it up to the first line for Cappuccino and second line for a less frothy milk, perfect for a Latte. Now all you have to do is press either Espresso or Lungo button to brew the coffee, then the Milk button to froth and pout the milk into the cup.
Other differences are in the design and dimensions. The Lattissima Pro being the largest, but also comes with the most premium finish thanks to its brushed aluminum body.
CitiZ and Milk as well as Lattissima One have plastic bodies. But each model has its own unique design that you might prefer.