If milk based coffee drinks like Cappuccino or Latte are your favorite coffee drinks, then it’s highly recommended that your coffee machine has a built-in milk frother that will automatically heat and froth the milk. These kind of coffee makers will save you a lot of time when making your favorite drinks.
You can choose an espresso machine with a built-in milk from many brands, but in this post, we’re focusing on two of Nespresso’s most popular choices, Nespresso Lattissima Pro and Nespresso Creatista by Breville.
Nespresso Lattissima Pro:
The Lattissima Pro was created in partnership between Nespresso and DeLonghi. The machine is compatible with Nespresso’s OriginalLine coffee capsules and has a patented Cappuccino milk frother system by DeLonghi.
Features of Nespresso Lattissima Pro:
- Choose from 6 pre-set drinks: ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte, hot milk and hot water (for tea or instant meals).
- Patented DeLonghi Automatic Cappuccino system that heats and creates froth with a push of a button.
- Brews Nespresso OriginalLine capsules and Nespresso-compatible capsules.
- Touch controls.
- LCD display for quick and easy drink setting and personalization.
- Customize coffee volume and milk density.
- Milk frother is detachable and allows you to store left over milk in the fridge.
- Premium stainless steel design and finish.
Nespresso Creatista Plus by Breville:
Another collaboration by two great leaders in the coffee machine world. The Creatista Plus is a Nespresso system that uses OriginalLine capsules, but it also combines powerful features that are usually available in more powerful or manual espresso machines.
Features of Creatista Plus by Breville:
- Create delicious coffee drinks using Nespresso’s capsules and professionally textured milk.
- Choose from pre-programmed drinks: Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo, Latte, Cappuccino, Flat white and Latte Macchiato.
- Customize your drink by choosing your coffee volume, milk texture and milk temperature.
- Auto micro-foaming milk frothing system with built-in thermometer sensor that allows the machine to heat the milk to your desired temperature.
- Choose from 11 milk temperature settings that varies between 55-76°C / 133-169°F
Frothing wand automatically purges after every use for self-cleaning.
- Choose from 8 milk texture settings.
- Colored LCD display allows you to easily program your machines’s settings, customize your drinks and more.
- Water reservoir capacity: 1.5L
- Compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine and Nespresso compatible capsules.
- Stainless steel frothing jug is included.
Creatista by Breville is available in two models, Creatista and Creatista Plus.
What Is The Difference Between Creatista vs. Creatista Plus?
There’s a difference in the amount of options you have:
- Creatista Plus has 11 milk temperature settings, while the Creatista has only 3.
Then, there’s a difference in material:
- Creatista Plus has full stainless steel housing. Creatista has some stainless steel parts (front panel for the most part), with colored side panels.
Heat up time is another difference. Creatista Plus has a quick 3-second heat up time, Creatista is slightly slower with 10 second heat up time.
What Is The Difference Between Lattissima Pro vs. Creatista by Breville?
Image Title Breville BNE800BSS Nespresso Creatista Plus, Stainless Steel De'Longhi America EN750MB Nespresso Lattissima Pro Machine Feature Nespresso Creatista Plus enables you to easily create authentic top-quality Latte Art coffees at home, thanks to Nespresso's convenience and coffee expertise, combined with Breville's micro foam milk frothing technology
Multiple beverage selections (ristretto, espresso, lungo, latte, cappuccino, flat white, latte macchiato) with adjustable settings (coffee volume, milk temperature and milk texture) with 3 second heat up time
TFT LCD display: an easy and guided assistance on all preparation, setting and maintenance (cleaning, descaling etc) aspects, thanks to a high resolution display
Auto-frothing with 8 texture levels and 11 different milk temperature settings. An enhanced coffee and milk experience and the possibility to easily create an authentic top-quality latte art coffee thanks to an innovative, automatic and expert steam pipe capable of: adjustable milk temperature (11 settings, 55-76°C / 133-169°F), adjustable froth quality (8 texture levels), temperature sensing, and fast/self-cleaning. Steam wand automatically purges after each use.
Water Tank Capacity: 1.5L Removable tank.For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
2 year warranty & includes Stainless Steel Milk Jug
19 bars of pressure
Patented De'Longhi automatic cappuccino Latte Crema System
Patented Nespresso capsule system
Sensor touch display
Premium finishes and Italian design
Choose among 6 pre-programmed drinks (ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte, hot milk and hot water function for tea
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
One of the biggest difference between the Lattissima Pro and Creatista is customization. Creatista is designed to allow you to make more professional and barista-style drinks at home thanks to two features:
- Automatic micro-foaming
- Milk temperature settings.
Micro-foaming is what commercial-style espresso makers use to heat and froth milk using steam wand. The steamed milk is created with micro bubbles that give you a more creamy and smoother texture. It will also allow you to create beautiful and professional latte art (but that will take some practice on your part).
- On the other hand, the Lattissima Pro can create delicious coffee drinks, but there’s no way for you to customize the temperature of the milk. The frothed milk’s density can be customized, however, it is not micro-foamed. The quality of the frothed milk here is similar to that created using an electric milk frother.
- The LCD display on the Creatista is colored, and it features nice icons and it fully guides you through the process. Customization is done by turning a dial next to the display. On the Lattissima Pro, the LCD display only displays texts. There are multiple touch buttons on the control panel for choosing your settings.
Which One Do You Choose?
- If you want more authentic coffee drinks, true customization and the chance to practice real latte art, then you’ll have to choose the Creatista by Breville.
- If you want your coffee drinks, quick and easy but still delicious and fresh, the Lattissima Pro is great for just that. Although your customization is limited to coffee volume and froth density, if the quality or texture of the milk or temperature is not important to you, then go for the Lattissima Pro.
Full Review of Breville Creatista:
How To Create Latte Art with Creatista Plus:
Demo of Lattissima Pro: