In a previous post where we talked about best rated K-Cup brewers that are not by Keurig, Mr. Coffee Brewer had to be on the list. It is very similar to Keurig’s K55 model, another popular brewer. So similar, in fact, that it makes you wonder why to choose one over the other and which would be the best choice. And that’s what we’re here to find out!
Features of Mr.Coffee Single Serve Coffee Brewer BVMC-KG6-001:
- Brew any K-Cup pod for coffee, tea, hot chocolate and more.
- Compatible with all K-Cup pods for Classic Keurig brewers, including reusable filters. Works with any K-Cup brand.
- Removable 40 oz water reservoir.
- Choose from 3 cup sizes: 6 oz, 8 oz and 10 oz.
- Removable drip tray allows you to place travel mugs under coffee spout.
Features of Keurig K55 Coffee Maker:
- Classic Keurig brewer that is compatible with all K-Cup pods (Keurig branded and non-Keurig branded).
- Removable, large 48oz water reservoir.
- Choose from 3 serving sizes: 6 oz, 8 oz and 10 oz.
- Includes 4 K-Cup pods and a water filter handle + 2 water filters.
- My K-Cup refillable pod filter is available as a separate purchase.
What Is The Difference Between Mr. Coffee and Keurig K55 Brewers?
You’ve probably noticed by now, the two brewers have the same brew sizes and brew the same K-Cups. So is there any actual difference between them?
Well, there are slight differences that could make your experience better and swift your decision for one over the other:
- The Keurig K55 has a slightly larger water reservoir. 8 oz larger to be exact (48 oz vs 40 oz). This means you get about one extra brew from K55 over Mr Coffee’s before refilling.
- Keurig K55 has a Descale indicator that lets you know when it is time to clean your machine. An ‘Add Water’ indicator is available on both machines.
- Last but not least, the K55 comes with a sample pack of 6 K-Cups to get you started. And it includes water filters that ensures you’re using the best filtered water for your coffee. Mr Coffee provides a pack of 5 K-Cups, but does not come with water filters.