Dual coffee makers are a great way to combine two ways to brewing a cup while saving on counter-top space. Whether you want to brew a single-cup of coffee or a full carafe, a machine like Mr Coffee’s combo machine can do it for you.
- TWO WAYS TO BREW: Brew a single serving using a pod, or up to 10 cups into a carafe using grounds
- COMPACT & SPACE SAVING: Compact design saves up to 50% more countertop space* *As compared to having both the BVMC-PSTX91RB-NP and the BVMC-HC-CIPS units on the countertop
- STRONG BREW SELECTOR: Brew a bolder cup of coffee at the touch of a button with the Strong Brew Selector
- MULTIPLE BREW SIZE OPTIONS: Select-a-Cup feature uses the perfect amount of water depending on your selected brew size
- ADVANCED WATER FILTRATION: Includes Advanced Water Filtration to reduce impurities and improve coffee flavor
How It Works
Operating the machine is quite simple and as straight forward as any other coffee maker. The carafe brewing options works like any other coffee maker, load your coffee ground in the basket, fill your water reservoir and select the amount you want to brew.
If you want to brew a single-serve K-Cup pod, you’ll insert the adapter in the basket (included instructions will show you exactly how), and then you’ll select the amount of ounces you want to brew.
Volume options change between number of cups vs. ounces depending on your brewing method. When using a carafe, you can only use number of cups as a measurement, and ounces are used when single-brewing.
The machine has a simple to use control buttons placed on the base of it. You’ll find a Brew Now or Brew Later buttons, a time selector, size selector and strong option for a bolder brew.
Since it includes a thermal carafe, there is no hot plate on this machine.
Is Mr Coffee Pod + 10 Cup Coffee Maker Worth It?
There are many other dual coffee makers available for purchase, and have been available for a while now. Is Mr Coffee’s the best option out there?
The best thing going for this machine is the fact that it has a space saving design while maintaining an affordable price.
A clear contender is the Keurig K-Duo Plus, which is a dual coffee maker that is also slim in design. It has better finishing and material than Mr Coffee’s machine, but it’s also about double the price (at the time of writing this, at least).
If the slim design isn’t an important factor to you, I would recommend you go for something like Hamilton Beach’s FlexBrew for an affordable option that does a great job, but on the downside, requires some counter space.
Mr Coffee’s Combo coffee maker will do the job just fine, but it feels like it’s made of cheap materials and I do question its longevity. For its price, I would say it makes a good pick for what it does and its design. If the K-Duo Plus is within your budget, then go for it instead of Mr Coffee’s.