What Is Nescafe Dolce Gusto?
Dolce Gusto is a single-serve Coffee, Espresso and Cappuccino maker by Nescafe. It uses single serving pods to create a variety of delicious coffee drinks from Coffee, espresso, cappuccino, latte, hot chocolate and many more, a total of over 20 drinks.
Dolce Gusto machines allow you to customize the size of your drink, the intensity and whether you want a hot or cold drink.
Two of the most popular Dolce Gusto machines are the Genio and Esperta, and these are the models we will be discussing in this post.
Features of Dolce Gusto Genio 2 Coffee Maker:
- Professional Grade Pressure offers up to 15 bars of pressure to prepare to deliver the best flavor and aroma out of each capsule.
- 8-level LED bars indicate the size and intensity of your drink. You can brew sizes up to 12 oz.
- Toggle at the back allows you to switch between hot or cold brewing. It is best to use Iced-compatible capsules for iced drinks.
- Water tank reservoir: 45 oz.
- Pod Bin included for collecting used pods.
Click here to learn more about Dolce Gusto Genio 2, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Features of Dolce Gusto Esperta 2 Coffee Maker:
- Professional Grade Pressure delivers up to 15 bar of pressure.
- Customize the size and intensity of your drinks.
- Brew up to 12 oz size.
- 8-level LED indicator and toggle for switching between hot and cold drink brewing.
- Water reservoir capacity: 60 oz.
- Pod Bin included.
Click here to learn more about Dolce Gusto Esperta, read the customer reviews and buy it.
What Is The Difference Between Dolce Gusto Genio vs. Esperta?
Both these models from Dolce Gusto are able to create the same delicious coffee drinks using the same capsules. There are two slight differences between them:
- Water reservoir capacity: Esperta has a larger reservoir with 60 oz capacity. While Genio has 45 oz reservoir.
- Hot/Cold Toggle: Genio has a stick toggle for switching between hot and cold drinks. Esperta has a scroll wheel.
Dolce Gusto Genio vs Genio 2, What’s The Difference?
The Genio 2 we featured above is 2nd release and it is newer than the original Genio model. Of course, the Genio 2 comes with improvements:
- Genio has 7-level indicator for size and intensity. Genio 2 has 8-levels.
- Genio buttons for switching between hot and cold drinks, while Genio 2 has a stick toggle.
- Water tank size is 21 oz on the original Genio. It is 45 oz capacity on Genio 2.
Common Questions and Answers about Dolce Gusto:
Are Nespresso and Dolce Gusto Pods The Same?
No, they’re not. Dolce Gusto pods are exclusive to their system and same goes for Nespresso.
Can Dolce Gusto Pods Be Reused?
No, they cannot. However, non-official refillable pods are available.
Can Dolce Gusto Use K-Cup Pods?
No, they can’t.
How To Make a Cappuccino?
It’s fairly easy to make a Cappuccino using a Dolce Gusto coffee maker. Using their Cappuccino pods, each cup will require two pods: a coffee pod and a milk pod. Following the suggested instructions on the box, you’ll have to set the correct size and intensity for each pod and start the brewing process. Same goes for other milk based drinks.
Is Dolce Gusto Real or Instant Coffee?
According to Dolce Gusto’s website, most of their pods contain real coffee ground except for these drinks: Iced Cappuccino, Mocha, and Café au Lait.
Where To Buy Dolce Gusto Pods?
Dolce Gusto pods should be available at local stores as well as online through their official website, Amazon or other online retailers.
Recommended Dolce Gusto Capsules:
Nescafe Dolce Gusto Cappuccino Capsules – Each pack contains 8 coffee capsules and 8 milk capsules.
Dolce Gusto Caramel Latte Macchiato Capsules – Contains 8 coffee capsules and 8 flavor milk capsules.
Dolce Gusto Nesquik Capsules – contains 16 Nesquik capsules, no milk pods required.
Dolce Gusto NesTEA Peach Iced Tea Capsules – contains 16 capsules to make peach flavored Iced Tea.
Recommended Dolce Gusto Accessories:
Carousel Holder For Dolce Gusto Pods – holds up to 30 capsules, rotates for easy use.
Halter All in One Mesh Coffee Organizer: a set of complete organizer for coffee capsules (compatible with any type of coffee pods) and 8 other compartments for organizing lids, cups, napkins, spoons or stirrers, sugar and more.