Gourmia One-Touch Coffee Makers:
Gourmia has a wide range of single-serve one touch coffee makers to choose from. The great thing about having many models is that the variety of options and coffee pods you can choose from. You get exactly what you want!
In this post, we’re comparing Gourmia’s best selling models so you can decide which model will be the best pick for you.
Gourmia GCM4000 One Touch Coffee Maker:
Gourmia GCM4000 is a 3-in-1 coffee, cappuccino and latte maker that uses K-Cup coffee pods to create single-serve coffee drinks with a push of a button. And thanks to the built-in milk frother, you’ll enjoy fresh, automatically frothed milk in your coffee drinks.
This coffee maker is quite easy to use and operate. There are three buttons for each drink you can make, and each drink can be prepared in two sizes.
Coffee drinks you can make:
- Coffee: this is for a classic cup of coffee.
- Cappuccino: a Cappuccino has equal parts of espresso coffee, milk and froth.
- Latte: a Latte is a more creamy option. It has a layer of espresso, milk and little to no foam.
The built-in milk frother makes heating and foaming milk for your coffee drinks a simple and automatic task. A selector on the milk frother allows you to adjust the density of the foam. And as the container is detachable, you can store any left over milk in the fridge while keeping it in the container.
So, to recap features of the Gourmia GCM4000 One Touch Coffee Maker:
- Single serve, 3 in 1 coffee maker.
- Can prepare coffee, cappuccino or latte with a touch of button.
- Choose from two sizes for each drink.
- Built-in milk frother automatically heats, froths and adds milk to your coffee drink.
- Adjustable foam density.
- Frother is detachable and can be stored in fridge.
- Compatible with K-Cup pods only.
Gourmia GCM5000 One Touch Coffee Maker:
The Gourmia GCM5000 is also a one-touch system that creates delicious coffee drinks with a push of a button. However, the GCM5000 expands your coffee capsule options as it is compatible with K-Cup Pods as well as Nespresso Capsules and Nespresso-compatible Capsules.
The Gourmia GCM5000 packs the technology to automate your coffee making experience. It includes two ‘SmartCart’ inserts, which you use to insert either your K-Cup pod or Nespresso Capsule. ‘BaristaBrain’ technology will automatically recognize the type of pod you inserted and bring up the best options and adjust the pressure power to make your preferred drink.
When picking the Gourmia GCM5000, you have the option of buying it as a stand-alone machine or with a built-in milk frother. If you like milk based coffee drinks like Cappuccino or Latte, the milk frother automatically heats your milk and froths it. You also have the option of making cold froth for iced coffee drinks.
Features of the Gourmia GCM5000:
- Multi-capsule, one touch coffee system.
- Compatible with K-Cup pods for coffee drinks and Nespresso capsules for espresso drinks.
- Easy to read LCD display makes it easy to customize and brew your coffee drink.
- Customize temperature and cup size of your coffee drink.
- Available as a bundle with an automatic milk frother for hot or cold froth.
- Used capsule drawer collects used capsules.
The Gourmia GCM5000 is the best option for anyone who wants the widest variety of compatible pods. Since it is compatible with both K-cup pods and Nespresso’s capsules, this gives you a whole lot of options of coffee and espresso drinks.
The Gourmia GCM6500 One Touch Coffee Maker:
The Gourmia GCM6500 is made especially for people who enjoy their cup of espresso, Cappuccino or Latte. This model is compatible with Nespresso capsules only, which is why it is the most suitable for espresso and milk based drinks. And thanks to the built-in milk frother, making your favorite frothy coffee drinks is very quick and convenient.
On the Gourmia GCM6500, you get three drink options: Espresso, Cappuccino and Latte. When choosing a Cappuccino or Latte, the machine will automatically heat, froth and draw the milk into the cup in a pre-set measure, so you don’t have to measure anything yourself.
Features of Gourmia GCM6500:
- Create your favorite coffee drinks with a push of a button with automated operation.
- Compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine and Nespresso-compatible capsules.
- Built-in milk frother automatically heats and froths milk.
- Detachable milk frother allows you to store left over milk in the fridge.
Gourmia GCM6500 vs. GCM5500, What’s The Difference?
The Gourmia GCM6500 is available in a different variation under the model number GCM5500. The difference between them is:
- Slight design differences.
- On the GCM5500 there are four drink options: Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino and Latte. While on the GCM6500, there are three options: Espresso, Cappuccino and Latte.
What About Gourmia GCM6000?
The GCM6000 is a K-Cup compatible machine, like the GCM4000. How it’s different though is that it makes tea in addition to coffee. But of course, any K-Cup compatible machine should be able to make tea, right? Yes, that’s correct. But the GCM doesn’t only make coffee and tea using K-Cups, it can also brew loose tea leaves. And with its built-in milk frother, you’ll be able to make drinks like cappuccino, latte and chai latte.
What Is The Difference Between GCM4000 vs. GCM5000 vs. GCM6500/5500:
All of these Gourmia coffee makers are automated touch-one systems that make coffee drinks with a push of a button. The difference is in their coffee pod compatibility:
- Gourmia GCM4000 is compatible with K-Cup pods only. You can make regular coffee, Cappuccino or Latte with it.
- Gourmia GCM5000 is compatible with K-Cup pods and Nespresso pods, making it the most versatile and able to brew coffee and espresso.
- Gourmia GCM6500/5500 is compatible with Nespresso capsules only.
As for their milk frothers:
- GCM4000 and GCM6500/5500 have detachable milk frothing containers. The containers will heat, froth and automatically add the frothy milk into your cup. And since they are detachable, it will allow you to store left over milk in the fridge.
- On the GCM5000, the milk frother has a difference style. It is built into the base of the coffee machine, but it does not pour the milk into the cup automatically. After it is done frothing, you pick it up and pour the frothy milk into the cup. On the other hand, it has the option for hot or cold froth.
- The Gourmia GCM5000 has customization options that are not on the other models. You have the option of setting the coffee temperature and cup size.
- On the GCM4000, each coffee selection has an option of two sizes, but there is no temperature settings.
Buttons and Controls:
- The GCM5000 is the only model with an LCD display. Since it has customization
Which One Do You Buy?
Picking the right model starts with which coffee pods do you prefer:
- If you want to use both K-Cup and Nespresso pods, the GCM5000 will be your best option. It combines two systems in one thanks to its SmartCart inserts and customization option. With this model, you’ll be able to make coffee, espresso and espresso based drinks like cappuccino and late.
- If you’re a fan of K-Cup pods, which are available in a wide range of coffee drinks from many famous brands like Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Folgers, Green Mountain and many more, the model GCM4000 is the right choice for you. Drink options on the GCM4000: Coffee, Cappuccino and Latte.
- Last but certainly not least is the GCM6500/5500. This model is mostly for espresso and espresso based drinks, and it is compatible with Nespresso capsules only. Using this model, you can make espresso, cappuccino and latte.