The VertuoPlus and VertuoPlus Deluxe are two of Nespresso’s Vertuo line. These are Nespresso’s line of machines that can brew both espresso and coffee drinks. In fact, unlike the Original Line machines, Vertuo can brew up to 5 sizes. The Vertuo machines use completely redesigned capsules and work in an entirely new way than OriginalLine machines like Pixie, CtiiZ or Essenza Mini. Vertuo is a whole new world from Nespresso that offers you a great coffee and espresso experience at home.
Features of Nespresso VertuoPlus Coffee and Espresso Maker:
- Simple, one touch brewing. There’s only a single button on the machine, and that is the brew button.
- Ability to brew 5 cup sizes: espresso (1.35oz), Double espresso (2.7oz), Lungo (5 oz), Coffee (8 oz) and Alto coffee (14 oz).
- Centrifusion brewing technology. Instead of using a pump, Vertuo machines using Centrifusion technology to rapidly spin capsules while fully saturating them with water. This results in in better water distribution and full flavor extraction.
- Automatic capsule recognition. The machine’s intelligent extraction system can read the barcode on each capsules to recognize the type of capsule, blend and size and adjust automatically.
- Motorized head with soft open and close mechanism does not require you to push hard to puncture capsules like other Nespresso machines.
- Adjustable water reservoir can be placed on the side or back of the machine to make it more suitable to your space.
- Water reservoir capacity: 37.1 oz.
- Used capsule capacity: 10 capsules (large).
What Is The Difference Between VertuoPlus and VertuoPlus Delxue?
The “Deluxe” in the VertuoPlus Deluxe refers to two things, and it’s how it differs from the VertuoPlus model:
- It has a larger water reservoir capacity: 57.5 oz
- It has some slight design upgrades like the metal rims on the cup holder and head’s open/close rim.
Other than that, they’re pretty much the same.
Vertuo by DeLonghi or by Breville, Is There a Difference?
Like other Nespresso machines, you’ll find the VertuoPlus and VertuoPlus Deluxe under two brand names: DeLonghi or Breville.
Whichever brand you choose, you’ll be getting the same machine and same functions. However, there are small aesthetic difference between them and different color availability.
As you can see in the photo above, the VertuoPlus by Breville has a more of a rounded and curved top design. While the one by DeLonghi has a flat and narrow top.
Vertuo Vs. OriginalLine, What’s The Difference and Which Is Better?
Whether you are new to Nespresso or thinking of upgrading from an OriginalLine to a Vertuo machine. If you’re wondering which system to go for or whether or not you should upgrade, here are some thoughts on the matter:
The Capsules are entirely different:
Vertuo’s capsules are not even closely similar to OriginalLine’s capsules. Since Vertuo machines can brew 5 cup sizes, then the capsules are available in different sizes that hold the appropriate amount of coffee ground for each brew size. OriginalLine machines only have two cup sizes and a single size for a capsule.
Speaking of capsules, it’s important to note that Vertuo only uses capsules by Nespresso. There are no refillable pods and no 3rd party capsules. So this limits your choices, somewhat. On the other hand, OriginalLine machines can use Nespesso capsules, refillable capsules or 3rd party capsules from other brands.
Like already mentioned, the fact that Vertuo offers you 5 sizes to choose from is great. Now you can do a lot more than just the classic cup of Espresso or Lungo that OriginalLine offers.
Using an OriginalLine machine, you can make Espresso, lungo or any espresso and milk based drinks like cappuccino or latte. With a Vertuo machine, you can still do all those as well as your classic cup of coffee.
So, picking between those Nespresso systems totally relies on what you like to drink on a regular basis:
If you’re someone who is looking to make the classic coffee house drinks like espresso, cappuccino or latte then stick to an OriginalLine system like the Pixie, CitiZ or Essenza Mini for example (which you can read all about here). It’s exactly what those machines were made to do, and you get to enjoy a bigger variety of capsules.
If you want more than just those, the Vertuo offers you three extra cup sizes for coffee and not just espresso drinks. It will limit your options of capsules you can use, but you’ll definitely enjoy the experience. Nespresso does offer a nice number of capsules to try and are always adding to their selection.