Lattissima One is one of Nespresso’s one-touch machines that can make you any coffee drink you want with a press of a button. Although Nespresso’s Lattissima line has many machines with the same idea, the Lattissima One has been designed differently to be more compact and with a truly beautiful design.
What Are the Features of Lattissima One?
- Single-serve OriginalLine Nespresso machine with built-in milk frother.
- Milk container is also a single-serve. It holds enough milk for just one serving for Cappuccino or Latte.
- Serving sizes: Espresso 1.35 oz, Lungo 5 oz.
- Milk frothing button with heat and froth the full amount of milk in the container. Guide lines inside the container tell you the amount of milk to add for Cappuccino or Latte.
- Milk container is detachable for easy cleaning.
- Heat up time: 25 seconds
- Water reservoir capacity: 33.8 oz
- Milk container capacity: 4 oz
- Used capsule drawer holds up to 8 capsules.
- Compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine capsules and 3rd party Nespresso compatible capsules.
- Available in 4 colors.
- Made in Italy.
What Makes Nespresso Lattissima One Special?
What sets Nespresso Lattissima One apart from other Lattissima machines is the single-serve milk container. This container is designed to keep waste at minimum and to ensure the use of fresh milk every time. With larger containers, you could add more milk than you need to less, majority of users will fill the milk container to max level, use what they need and take the rest to keep in fridge. With the single-serve milk container, non of that is necessary. Using the lines marked inside it, you’ll know the exact amount of milk you need, and the machine will froth the entire thing. No waste, and no need to keep any leftovers in the fridge.
The smaller milk container also means a smaller machine. Lattissima One is very compact in design and makes a perfect choice for anyone looking for a space saving machine.
Nespresso Lattissima Comparisons:
Lattissima One vs. Gran Lattissma:
- One touch does it all: De'Longhi patented one-touch fresh milk technology combined with the premium espresso capsule system allows you to create perfect Barista quality recipes every time at the touch of a button
- Premium design: The espresso Gran Lattissima features a modern, premium design using both matte and high-gloss finishes with stainless steel accents and a beautiful glass touch panel
- Versatile: Choose from 9 one-touch beverages selections, including foamed milk recipes, flat milk recipes, and rich, creamy coffee and espresso recipes
- Practical design: Sliding drip tray accommodates different cup sizes, and removable milk container can be placed in refrigerator between uses
- High-performance: 19-bar pump with fast heat-up system. Used capsule container - 10 capsules.Input power (W) - 1400
Gran Lattissima is the larger version of the Lattissma One. While the Lattissima One was designed with single use of the milk jug – meaning you have to refill it at every brew – the Gran Lattissima includes a larger milk jug that holds enough milk for several brews.
Another thing is the preset drinks, the Lattissima One has three presets: espresso, lungo and froth milk, the machine will dispense the amount of milk you’ve filled in the jug to create either a cappuccino or latte.
Gran Lattissma has 9 preset drinks, with a button for each drink. You can fill up the milk jug fully (16.9 oz) and it will dispense only as much needed for your selected drink. You can choose from: Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, Flat White, Caffè Latte, Hot Milk and Hot Foam.
Gran Lattissima vs. Lattissima Touch:
Lattissima Touch is a popular choice for a single-serve machine with built-in milk frother. It is also a Nespresso Original Line machine, so it’s compatible with many capsules including Nespresso’s or Nespresso-compatible brands.
- The machine features 6 preset buttons: espresso, Lungo, cappuccino, latte, latte macchiato and hot milk.
- The milk frother on the Lattissima Touch is made by DeLonghi. It holds milk for multiple uses, has an option to adjust froth density and it is detachable for easy cleaning and leftover milk storage.
- Water reservoir capacity is 30 oz and milk container capacity is 12 oz and used capsule container holds up to 10 capsules.
So, how does it compare to the Gran Lattissima?
The Gran Lattissima has more presets, 9 to be exact: Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, Flat White, Caffè Latte, Hot Milk and Hot Foam
The milk reservoir on the Gran Lattissima is the largest with 16.4 oz capacity.
Which means, if you’re looking for larger capacity and more presets, go for the Gran Lattissima. It also has a nicer and more modern design, if that’s something on your priority list.
Lattissima One vs. Lattissima Touch, What’s The Difference?
Lattissima Touch offers more presets, which is understandable since the machine has a large milk container and needs to know how much milk to use, unlike the Lattissima One which draws all milk at once. So the Lattissima Touch gets a button for each drink you want to prepare. But eventually, both machines can prepare the same coffee drinks.
The Difference in milk containers, however, is not in the size only. The Lattissima Touch has an adjustable froth density. So that’s an extra way to customize your drink.
Which Do You Choose?
I would personally pick the Lattissima Touch over Lattissima One for many reasons:
- The Lattissima One’s single-serve milk container is great for a one person use. But it could turn into a hassle if you’re ever entertaining guests or need to make multiple cups for any reason.
- Lattissima Touch’s milk container, while it could lead to some milk waste, it shouldn’t. If you’re planning to make a single cup, you can always try to measure your milk in your cup then pour it into the container, to get an idea of how much milk you’ll use.
- Other than the milk frother, both Lattissima One and Lattissima Touch give you the same drink options, same machine quality (both made in Italy), but the dimensions are different. The Lattissima Touch is larger than One, but it’s not a huge machine.
Lattissima Touch vs. Lattissima Pro, What’s The Difference?
Another requested comparison is between the Lattissima Touch and Lattissima Pro. The two look rather similar in what they do, and they are. But is there any differences?
Lattissima Pro is another DeLonghi machine powered by Nespresso, much like the Touch model. It has the same milk frother as Lattissima Touch: it’s detachable and has foam density adjustablility.
Lattissima Pro is also an OriginalLine machine, so it’s compatible with all OriginalLine capsules from Nespresso and Nespresso-compatible brands.
When it comes to presets, Lattissima Pro has 7 of them: Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte, Latte Macchiato, Warm Milk and Hot water on demand, which is quite useful when you want to make tea or prepare an instant meal. The hot water comes out a different spout that the coffee, so you don’t have to worry about coffee residue in your hot water.
Another difference is the controls on the Lattissima Pro are touchscreen along with and LCD display that makes any programmability easier.
It also has light indicators to let you know of an empty water reservoir or full capsule drawer.