The Keurig K-Classic (K55) is one of the most popular choice for someone who is buying a Keurig for the first time. It gives you the basic Keurig features at a very reasonable price and it works with a wide range of K-Cups from different brands, so you can enjoy many beverages from coffee, tea, hot chocolate and more.
Features of the K-Classic are as follows:
- 48 oz water reservoir with water filter.
- Choose from 3 cup sizes: 6, 8 or 10 oz.
- Button controls, with a button dedicated for each cup size.
- Light indicators show you heating process, add water alert, descaling alert and auto-off.
- Removable drip tray allows you to fit a larger cup size under coffee spout.
- Your K55 will include a refillable K-Cup filter that allows you to enjoy your favorite coffee ground.
Who Is The Keurig K-Classic Best Suited For?
- It is great for a single user or a small family, since the water reservoir isn’t the largest but suitable for multiple uses before needing to refill.
- If you don’t care about advanced features like a touch screen or additional cup sizes, the K55 will be good fit for you.
- If you have a budget under $100, the K-Classic is at that price range (as of the time of writing this post).
Keurig K-Classic Comparisons:
K-Classic vs. K55:
These are two names to the same model. K55 has been renamed to K-Classic.
K-Classic vs. K-Select:
- What’s in the box: One water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best.
- Brews multiple cup sizes: (6, 8, 10, 12 ounce). Enjoy the most popular cup sizes all with quiet brew technology, minimizing noise during use.
- Strong brew: Kicks up your coffee’s strength and intensity. Programmable auto off
- Large 52 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 5 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and get fast & fresh brewed, delicious coffee in minutes.
K-Select is the closest in features to the K-Classic. It does have a few features that makes it a step-up from the K-Classic:
- It has 4 cup sizes: 6, 8, 10 and 12 oz.
- It has a Strong Brew option to make a stronger and bolder cup.
- It has a larger 52 oz water reservoir.
- Hot water on demand
Other than that, it has the same classic feel and design as the K-Classic. Most people choose K-Select over the K-Classic for two things: the 12 oz serving size and Strong Brew option.
K-Classic vs. K-Compact:
- BREWS MULTIPLE CUP SIZES: (6, 8, 10 oz.). Enjoy the most popular cup sizes. Use the 6 oz. cup size to achieve the strongest brew.
- OUR SLIMMEST REMOVABLE RESERVOIR BREWER: 36 oz. removable water reservoir make refilling easy.
- SMART START: Your coffee maker heats then brews in one simple process. No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size.
- SIMPLE BUTTON CONTROLS: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
- REMOVABLE DRIP TRAY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7" tall, and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup.
K-Compact offers the same cup sizes as the K-Classic, 6, 8 and 10 oz. What makes it different though is its compact size.
the K-Compact has a smaller 36 oz water reservoir which makes it smaller in size than the K-Classic. Everything else is the same as the K-Classic.
If you’re torn between the K-Compact and K-Classic, pick based on machine dimensions.
K-Classic vs. K-Elite:
- BREWS MULTIPLE CUP SIZES: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 ounce enjoy the most popular cup sizes
- STRONG BREW BUTTON: Increases the strength and bold taste of your coffee’s flavor
- ICED SETTING: Brew hot over ice at the touch of a button for full-flavored, delicious iced coffee
- HOT WATER ON DEMAND BUTTON: Perfect for instant soups or oatmeal
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: One water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best
K-Elite is a big step up from the K-Classic. It gives you more cup sizes and more controls:
- It has 5 serving sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 oz.
- Large 75 oz water reservoir.
- Strong Brew option.
- Hot water on demand
- Iced coffee option which optimizes the temperature so your drink doesn’t taste watered down when mixed with ice.
- Programmable settings: temperature control, auto on/off, high altitude setting.
K-Classic vs. K-Mini:
- Fits anywhere: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces
- Travel mug friendly: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs upto 7.0 inches tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup
- Energy efficient: Auto off feature turns off your coffee maker 90 seconds after your last brew, helping to save energy.120V
- Compatible with the my k cup universal reusable coffee filter: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately)
- Included in the box: Keurig k mini single serve coffee maker
K-Mini is a small, sleek looking brewer. It actually has more cup sizes than the K-Classic as you can brew up to 12 oz using the K-Mini. However, it does not have a water reservoir. So you’ll have to add fresh water at each brew.
Keurig K-Classic vs. K15:
- Compact: Small and personal; Great for small spaces and portable design goes anywhere; Cord storage feature helps with portability
- Brew sizes: Brews your perfect amount, any cup size between 6 10 ounce Use the 6 ounce Cup size for a bolder brew
- Water resevoir: Single cup water reservoir for ultimate portability just add fresh water for each brew
- Drip tray: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 5.2” tall, and holds a full accidental brew for easy clean up
- Energy efficient: Automatic shut off turns the brewer off after each brew, helping to save energy; Note : Refer to the pdf attached below in technical specification for user manual
The K15 is smallest Keurig brewer out there. So it makes a great choice for a single user rather than a family or a group of people.
- The K-Classic and K15 brew the same sizes of 6, 8 and 10 oz.
- K-Classic has a 48 oz water reservoir
- The K15 has no water reservoir. You simply fill as much water as you want to brew. The tank is marked with the amount for each cup size, and the machine will brew the full amount you add in at each use.
- The K-Classic has a dedicated button for each cup size as well as light indicators.
- The K15 has a single button and that is the Brew button. There’s a light indicator that guides you through the brewing process.
- Both the K-Classic and K15 are compatible with the same K-Cup pods.
- The K15 includes no accessories. It has no water filter, so it is recommended that you use filtered bottled water to brew your coffee. As for the refillable K-Cup, it is compatible but it doesn’t come included with the machine like with the K55.
Keurig K-Classic vs K145:
The K145 is one of Keurig’s Professional line made especially for office use. It is made for heavy and frequent use and has commercial-grade brewing.
Although the K55 and K145 have the same capacity and brew the same cup sizes, you’ll find that the K145 is heavier in weight, has a heavy-duty power cord and a stronger pump (which means it is much louder than the K55).
Controls wise, as the K55 has buttons, the K145 has a dial for cup sizes and buttons auto-off, on/off power and drain brewer options, which the K55 doesn’t have. Both have the same light indicators, though.
And because the K145 has a stronger pump, it is faster at brewing. It can brew a cup in less than a minute, which is faster than the K55.
Now, just because the K145 is labeled as an office machine, it doesn’t mean you can’t use it at home. Jut bare in mind that it will be very heavy and quite loud.
Note that the refillable K-Cup pod is not compatible with this model.
Which of These Machines Is The Right One For Me?
Here are some points to help you decide which machine to go for:
- Are you under a strict budget? If you’re looking to spend less than a $100, then go for the K-Classic or K15.
- Do you want to brew large cups? Then you’ll be happy with the K-Select or K-Elite. If you want to brew even more coffee, check out K-Duo dual coffee makers which brew full carafes in addition to single-cups.
- How many users will this brewer serve? The K-Classic is great for a single or multiple users. The K-Mini is best suited for a single user due to its small size.
Unboxing and Demo of Keurig K-Classic/K55:
Keurig K-Classic/K55 Review: