When considering the purchase of a new single-serve coffee maker, many user would prefer a compact machine with a budget friendly price and quick brew time. But when it comes to Technivorm’s Moccamaster Cup-One single serve coffee maker, it doesn’t meet any of that criteria. Yet, it is still one of the best rated single-serve machines out there. So, what makes it worth it? And should you buy it?
Features of Technivorm Moccamaster Cup-One:
- Single-cup coffee maker that uses ground coffee only, no pods or capsules.
- One-button operation. Simply turn on the power switch.
- Simulates pour-over brewing method but in an automatic way.
- Copper boiling element rapidly heats water and maintains temperature at 195F to 206F, which is the optimal temperature for coffee extraction.
- Pre-immersion system with precise pulse action ensure the perfect coffee bloom for an even extraction.
- Brews 10 oz of coffee in 4 to 5 minutes.
- Water reservoir holds 10 oz of water, enough for a single cup brew.
- Removable cup holder allows machine to accommodate different cup sizes.
- Approved by ECBC & SCA Approved to meet and exceed Gold Cup Standards.
- Made from durable metal housing. All plastic parts are BPA-free.
- Handmade in the Netherlands.
- Covered by a 5-year warranty.
Why You Should Consider Moccamaster Cup-One?
Quality, Quality, Quality: Yup, this piece of appliance is the highest quality you can ever find. While most major brands take their manufacturing overseas, Technivorm still makes all their coffee makers by hand in the Netherlands. And their machines are covered by an industry-leading 5 years warranty.
Superior Coffee Result: Thanks to its ability to regulate the water temperature at an optimal degree, and the pre-infusion cycle that preps the coffee ground before brewing, you can rest assured that you’re going to get a fine cup of coffee. Yes, it’s going to take a bit longer (4 minutes), but the coffee is going to taste better than any machine’s that brews in less than a minute.
Beautiful Design: Now, let’s get a little bit superficial, but the machine looks stunning. As an appliance that sits on your countertop on display, a beautiful design matters in a coffee maker. The Moccamaster Cup-One has a cool retro style to it.
Simple Operation: Since the Moccamaster Cup-One does coffee pour-over style all automatic, you know you’re not going to mess up any of the steps. All you have to do is add your coffee ground, water and switch the machine on. Unlike manual pour-over where you have to measure everything yourself. It can be used by home baristas and beginners alike.
Cons of the Moccamaster Cup-One:
Although the Moccamaster Cup-One is praised for many things, there are a few cons to consider:
- The drip tray can be removed to accommodate different cup sizes, but it can’t fit larger travel mugs.
- It only brews a max of 10 oz. While it’s enough for most people, some users would prefer a 12 oz or 14 oz capacity.
- The brew basket can get clogged up easily if some coffee grounds has escaped the filter. So always make sure there’s no coffee ground outside of the filter to avoid overflowing.
Common Questions About Moccamaster Cup-One:
What Kind of Filters To Use with Moccamaster Cup-One?
It uses cone shaped #1 filters. The machine comes with 80 filters to get you started.
What Is The Capacity of the Water Reservoir?
Since it’s a one cup coffee maker, the reservoir only holds as much as you’re brewing. So the max it will hold is 10 oz of water for a full cup. You’ll have to fill it up at every use.
Does the Moccamaster Cup-One Have Auto Start?
No, it does not. You’ll have to start the machine manually. It does have auto shut off though.
Where Is The Moccamaster Cup-One Made?
It is handmade in the Netherlands.
What’s Included With the Machine?
With the machine, you’ll get 80 paper filters, coffee scoop and a cleaning brush.
Does It Have a Heating Element To Keep The Coffee Hot?
No, as any other single-serve coffee maker, there is no hot plate as it’s not really needed. You’ll brew your coffee into a cup and enjoy it hot right away.